Submission Mentorship Program
To build a stronger community for AI for Public Health and to encourage collaborations between researchers in the field, we are hosting a Submission Mentorship Program. Through this program, our goal is to connect junior researchers (mentees) planning to submit to our workshop with experienced mentors who can provide them with constructive feedback and guidance on their work. We believe that such a mentorship scheme will also increase the impact and quality of the workshop submissions and foster future collaborations between the mentors and mentees.
Deadline for applying to be a mentor/mentee: January 24th. The mentees will be paired-up with a mentor on January 25th and 26th.
Application form for mentees: https://forms.gle/hBw8wfwNMJCXp1Yn8
Application form for mentors: https://forms.gle/zH3AuATT5R36eSLn9
The mentees will be expected to initiate contact with the mentors, send a draft of their submission to the mentors, incorporate their feedback, and commit to preparing and making a submission to the AI for Public Health workshop by February 26th.
The mentors will be expected to allocate at least 5-6 hours for each mentee and to provide two rounds of feedback on their submission draft. As proposed in the timeline below, we suggest that mentors have an initial discussion with the mentees between January 26th - February 1st and then provide two rounds of feedback between February 8th - February 15th and February 21st and February 25th.
The Submission Mentorship Program will begin ~five weeks before the workshop submission deadline to allow for in-depth discussion and multiple rounds of feedback between the mentors and mentees. We recommend that the mentee initiates contact with the mentors and arrange for an initial meeting between January 26th - February 1st to discuss their submission and set any expectations for the mentorship period. Further important dates and the proposed timeline can be found below.
Important dates and proposed timeline:
- January 24th: Application deadline for mentees/mentors.
- January 25th-26th: Details about mentee-mentor pair-ups are sent out.
- January 26th - February 1st: Mentee initiates contact with their mentor and arranges initial meeting.
- February 8th: Deadline for mentee to send initial submission draft to the mentor.
- February 15th: Deadline for mentor to provide feedback to the mentee on the submission draft in a subsequent meeting.
- February 16th-21th: Mentee incorporates feedback from the mentor and sends updated paper to the mentor.
- February 21st-25th: Mentor provides final feedback before the deadline.
- February 26th: Workshop submission deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.